A Foreword from Meister Hora

 What you are about to read is a story about a “curse” and a “miracle”.

It is unmistakably a traditional mystery novel, in the sense that the protagonist, Kamo Touma, sets out on a journey, encounters puzzling incidents, and attempts to solve the mysteries.

I am neither the Watson nor the narrator of this tale. I was merely a guide, a bystander, one who was a god of both fortune... and of pestilence. This may sound contradictory, but it is all true.

Now, Kamo Touma's journey is over, and I have played my part. However, for those of you who will read this story, I will once again play the role of guide. Since I have declared this to be a mystery novel, I must play fair with you all, no?

Let me therefore declare that I will tell no lies in the story, nor shall I lie to you, the readers. If something I say seems out of the ordinary, please, do not be intimidated.

Perhaps some of you may be suspicious… “Perhaps the 'Meister Hora' who appears in the story is an impostor, and there is some narrative trickery at play”, you think.

Please, rest assured. The Meister Hora who appears within the story is definitely me.

So, let us meet again in the “Challenge to the Reader”.

 

Previous Chapter                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Next Chapter

 

Comments